Why The NCAA Doesn't Want Parents
To Come Along On Recruiting Trips
by Bob Howdeshell
High School Baseball Web
12. If the school
has to spring for the extra airfares, they can't afford the tutors"
11. Dads keep reminding school
officials they promised he could help interview candidates for "Girls of the Big 12"
10. If they're not paying for
college, why should they get to come along?
9. They insist that the "alumni
donations" be in $10s and $20s
8. Dads always turn into some kind
of Al Bundy with another year of eligibility and insist on a tryout
7. Moms know that a syllabus is not
what the team takes to the local comedy club
6. They insist on seeing buildings
besides the stadium and the jock dorm.
5. Moms ask for a side order of
steamed broccoli at Hooters
4. They're pretty sure that the bowl
of colorful pills in the weight room aren't M&Ms
3. Dads always brag how, in their
day, hot recruits got to keep the car, the cash, and the girl
2. Moms embarrass everyone by
telling them to sit up straight and stop staring at the stripper
1. They keep asking irrelevant
questions about edumacation and academicals